Sunday 2 April 2017

Fashion Friday: One Last Time



This post was meant for my usual Fashion Friday posts but it just didn't happen.  Lately life just seems too difficult to keep up with and I had to stop mid-week and let some things go.  Honestly, the week wasn't significantly different from any other except I think it all just kind of caught up to me. 

 

 Why do I, and so many women, put so much pressure on myself? 

 Why do I insist on keeping all the balls in the air at all times?  

Why do I feel bad/disappointment/guilty/inadequate when one of the balls finally drops?  

 

Well, I don't really have the answer to these questions, but as I've gotten older two things have happened.  

 

#1 I've come to realize that I have these expectations and feelings. 

#2 I have started consciously fighting against these feelings and admitting that I can't keep up all of the time. 

 

That's what I did this week and now I feel a little more balanced going into next week. 


Anyway, last week I wore a few of my favorite fall/winter pieces one last time, before washing them and placing them in the winter bucket.  Excuse the work bathroom selfies.





By the end of the week the temperature was rising and the sun was shining.  This bell sleeve top is not new to the blog, check here, and is sticking around for spring.  This time I paired it up with these adorable flower pattern flats that I snagged at Walmart last year.   Also I stacked a long necklace that I have been getting a lot of wear out of, with some pearls.  I love how elegant , yet trendy, the jewelry and the top look together.  I also received my shopping items form The Bay on Friday and the Get Your Pretty On Spring Challenge is starting on Monday.  Stay tuned to see what I have in store for spring! I hope you all have a great first week of April!







Shop This Post: 

Design Lab Bell Sleeve Top (The Bay)

 Ankle Tie Up Flats (gushing over these)




16 comments:

  1. You got this girl. I feel overwhelmed at times, too.
    Goodbye winter clothes! I adore your floral flats, though.

    Thank you so much for linking up with On Mondays We Link-Up!
    --Roxanne
    Glass of Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Love the link-up and thank you for hosting.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry about everything you got going on. More power to you for doing it all. I love all the outfits this week. But that ivory bell sleeve layered sweater is gorgeous with the pretty layered pearl necklace. And such cute flats, too. =)

    Welcome by this Thursday and every Thursday and linkup with me, pretty lady. Thanks.

    Happy Monday! Ada =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada. I know many women are juggling a lot on the go and I just wanted to connect to the readers in an honest way. I'll be sure to come by on Thursday.

      Delete
  3. Great outfits. It can get hard when life pulls you so many different ways. I always find stepping back from social media and blogging helps me balance a bit more until I'm able to get everything else under control.

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Ruth. As you know, with little kids around, it's key to pull away and just be present as much as possible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That top is so beautiful! I love the details of it and the sleeves. Looks beautifully styled with those floral flats and your accessories! I am totally with you on feeling defeated at times...we can't do it all, all the time and it's such a hard thing to accept! Thank you for sharing with us at On Mondays We Link-Up!

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, you are so kind. Getting dressed and faking it when you don't feel like making it, is sometimes just what doctor ordered. LOL. Thanks for hosting On Mondays We Link-Up, I love it.

      Delete
  5. You are just the cutest! I love the floral shoes and your pattern mixing but what I love the most is your heart! Yes, we are so hard on ourselves. My daughter and I were talking the other day about our struggles with perfection. We can never live up to our own expectations for ourselves but we are both improving. Thank you for always being true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, when I read your blog yesterday, I felt very connected. One of my worries as a mom is will all this pressure transfer to them being adults who feel the weight to "do it all" and "do it right" as well? Not to mention my worries over body image. Oh the joys of parenting.

      Delete
  6. Oh those Bay boxes!!! and I agree...why so much pressure on doing it all. I'm gonna just start randomly throwing all the balls. That sounds weird, whatevs, I'm going with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I had a mental image of you, blurred background, and tennis sized balls flying everywhere. The boxes came at the right time and though I didn't meet my goal of not buying anything in March, I don't care they were a welcomed pick-me up.

      Delete
  7. Love those bell sleeves - SO gorgeous!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you chose balance over trying to "do it all." More of us need to fight those feelings! Seeing all your boxes made ME excited for you!! haha! I love mail day!

    - Virginia | More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sweet style pretty lady! And I feel you sweetheart, sometimes life can be so overwhelming but I promise you this and I always tell this to my son's, things always get better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all feel like this at times, and sometimes all we need is to take a step back and re-charge the batteries. Cute necklace with a super jumper. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete