Thursday 19 January 2017

Fashion Friday: One Dress Two Ways

Welcome to Fashion Fridays.  In an effort to be consistent and to keep things manageable, I will feature a look every Friday.  To follow what I am wearing daily please feel free to connect with me on INSTAGRAM.  I will post personal/family happening on various days of the week depending on our life stories. 

Today I am showing you how a favorite summer dress can easily be styled in the winter by adding some tights, a cable knit sweater and booties.  By a wave of a magic wand, voila, this cute summer dress is transformed into an adorable winter outfit.   It's feminine, pretty and a ray of sunshine on a cloudy, winter day.  Click  here to see how I've styled this dress in the spring and fall of last year. Here you can also see how I've styled this sweater with a pair of jeans and puffer vest. 


 

 

 

If  you know me, you know that I like to wear my clothes for more than one season and in many different contexts.   You'll often see repeats on the blog because I am a real woman, who has a real day job and a family to support.  Sure there are times that I indulge/splurge on items that I am eyeing up but more often I   I buy things that are affordable and trendy.  For the month of January I've made a commitment to myself not to purchase anything new but to use the items in my closet to recreate old favorites or new looks altogether like the one featured here today. 


What piece of clothing  do you style all year long? Happy weekend everyone!



11 comments:

  1. Love love love that you layered a sweater over your dress...I need to try this! Great colours on you also and I'm hoping you took those pictures this weekend when it was nicer out...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was able to utilize the nice weather for sure. I find it's tricky to find. Good lighting inside and also clutter free place in the house(and I am always tidying up). Haha.

      Delete
  2. Very creative! I love how you did this with the dress. We should collaborate sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie. I am inspired how you use what you have and don't break the bank. I would love to collaborate.

      Delete
  3. I love wearing sweaters over dresses so it looks like a skirt. I love making different and new outfits from one piece of clothing!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy way to make a piece versitile. Thanks for stopping by Ruth.

      Delete
    2. It's such an easy way to make a piece versitile. Thanks for stopping by Ruth.

      Delete
  4. Love how you layered it with a sweater...why do I never think of this when I'm trying to find a dress to wear in the winter!? lol. You look so pretty in that pattern and I love your statement necklace :)!

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thanks so much for the compliment.

      Delete
  5. Soooo Pretty. Love the print and the sweater over is perfection. You look darling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea for the compliment and stopping by.😀

      Delete