Saturday 18 June 2016

Halie's Tears of Joy

A couple of  nights ago I took my little girls to their first concert ever, Justin Bieber.  Halie, 9 years old, has been asking to go see a concert for the past year and a half but when she heard in October 2015 that Justin Bieber would be coming in June, she begged us to get her tickets.  Since the girls have their birthday's in December and January, along with Christmas, we decided we would do our best to get tickets for their birthdays.  My grandma, their great-grandmother, was the most loved person at the birthday party in December as she was the one to give their girls their tickets as a birthday present (she always gives them money so this time we used the money, along with our money, to pay for the tickets). 

 

Finally two nights ago we ventured out to the  Justin Bieber concert.  Halie had been counting down the days for a couple of months.  They both had every Bieber song memorized as they listened to it on their IPods and danced around in their rooms for weeks and weeks.   We did out hair, check out the purple and blue, and put on just the tiniest bit of make-up.   We entered the venue to a LOT  of girls, mainly 15-25 years of age.  The line-ups for the T-shirts were LONG, like 45-60 min. wait time, but we stood in them without any complaining from the girls.  They didn't even want junk food (if you know Anya, nothing matters more to her than sugar, so I was stunned), just the t-shirts.   

 

 

Finally we made it to our seats after getting our t-shirts, popcorn and water (my kids declined pop, I couldn't believe it)!!!  We missed most of the opening act which was fine because we had no clue who it was. 

 

Pre-show excitement

THE BEST MOMENT OF THE NIGHT!!!!  When the lights went out, the music started, and finally Justin emerged on the stage, you can imagine the screams that echoed throughout the venue.  I looked over to my girls who were both screaming, and my Halie, who is so reserved and timid, was loosing it and had tears in her eyes, slowly escaping and running down her cheek.  Later in the car she said to me, "Mama, I was so excited.  I had tears of joy in my eyes."  This was the sweetest moment.  My heart was so thankful that I was there to experience this with them, especially Halie who seems to be growing up so fast and whom I've had so many ups and downs with.  Just writing it, thinking about it, fills my soul and makes tears of joy come to my eyes.  I feel grateful that I have a life in which I can afford these extravagant luxuries for my girls.  I have the ability to spend an insane amount of money on one night to make special memories.  I believe memories can be made without these extravagant outings but it was a special night.  Dancing with my girls, watching their eyes aglow as they experience their first concert, them being overcome by joy, excitement and pure love for this singer (gag, but it's what they like).   This is a memory I will treasure forever as a mom and they will hopefully remember for their whole lives as well. 

Anya's first reaction.

This is Halie's face when he first came on stage.  LOL. 


Halie dancing the night away.   
 


 






6 comments:

  1. What awesome memories you made for those little ladies. I still remember my first concert in Grade 6 (NKOTB!!) and my Dad drove us and hung out in the parents' room...they will never forget their night, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backstreet Boys was mine. I remember the concert but even more than that, I remember standing in the freezing cold outside of TCU to get our wrist bands so that we could purchase tickets. Is that a crazy system or what? A parents' room? Where was that?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had that evening with your little girls.All three of you will treasure the memory of an amazing night together. As you know-I'm still reeling from how quickly they actually grow up. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lezlie, I don't think you know how much you have influenced my outlook on parenting this year. It's been so good for me to have you reminding me every step of the way to put my family and my girls first. I think this is the first year, I've actually said no to things and allowed myself to just leave work at work once in a while. Your kids are so lucky to have you.

      Delete
  4. Your girls are absolutely beautiful Bojana. It looks like you three had so much fun at Justin's concert. Love your outfits, too. =)

    I run a linkup on Thursdays I would love you to join with your fabulous style! You can find the brand-new linkup on the link below (it will be live tonight at 8.00 PM Eastern). Thanks, Ada. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/06/kimono-sleeve-floral-lbd-2-ways-and.html

    ReplyDelete